Depot Privacy Notice
Reviewed and updated 04/02/2019
Next review due: 04/08/2019
This policy sets out how we manage your personal information and applies to anyone who visits our website, our premises or corresponds with us by phone, e-mail or in person.
Please read it carefully and if you have any questions please use the details in the ‘Contact Us’ section on our website or at the bottom of this document to get in touch with us.
When do we collect information from you?
We collect information that you give us by filling in forms, either on our site or in person, or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you:
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- register for membership;
- use our website;
- hire one of our rooms or screens;
- book tickets through our box office;
- when you report a problem with our website;
- attend a meeting, event or workshop;
- make a restaurant table booking or when you pay your bill,
- register an enquiry, complaint or provide feedback
- register lost property
- enter a competition
- when you apply for a job or work experience
- visit our premises
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
The personal data we collect about you will vary depending on the service you request from us. Here are the types of data we may hold and what we do with it:
- Your name, email address and telephone number
- When you book tickets online for any of our events or films we will collect your name and telephone number so that we can contact you in case of changes to the programme.
- If you make a table reservation we also collect you telephone number.
- We may use your email address or telephone number to contact you with regard to membership, competition entries, table bookings, a complaint you have raised or lost property.
- Payment details
- All our cinema payments are processed through third party company Jack Roe. Please read their privacy notice here: https://www.jack-roe.co.uk/websales/sales/deplew/privacy
- All our restaurant and bar payments are processed through third party company EPOS. Please read their privacy notice here: https://www.eposnow.com/uk/privacy-policy
- Depot does not store your credit or debit card details
- Age and date of birth
- To purchase an under 25s ticket for a film or event, we may need to verify your age. This information may be used for internal analysis and to improve our services to our customers.
- Allergy & dietary information
- For events, we may collect allergy and dietary information about you or your guests attending the event. This information will only be used for the purposes of facilitating the catering for your event.
- CCTV footage
- We operate several CCTV cameras both inside and outside of the building for security, safeguarding and theft monitoring purposes. If necessary footage will be used to monitor staff whereabouts and / or behaviour in connection with a disciplinary case or police investigation. All footage is stored in-house in a secured environment with access only for authorised personnel. Screens displaying live or recorded footage is viewed by authorised individuals only. Technical support for our cameras in provided by Optanet who can only gain access to footage by requesting temporary access from us. Access will only be granted if deemed necessary.
- Data you give us as part of your membership application
- We will use your personal data for the purposes of processing your membership card and for administering membership scheme and to monitor usage.
- We may also use your personal information for internal analysis in order to improve our offering to our customers. Data used for this purpose is anonymised and your personal details will not be visible in any resulting reports or analysis.
- Membership payments are processed through Jack Roe third party provider. Please see their privacy notice here: https://www.jack-roe.co.uk/websales/sales/deplew/privacy
- When you follow or contact us via Social Media
- We do not collect any personal data from you when you contact us via social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Their privacy notices are available through your social media account and apply.
- We may copy or forward content such as images or comments and use them for promotional, analytical or business purposes.
- When you visit our website
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website so that we can keep improving our website
- Data you give us as part of your email newsletter subscription
- We collect your name, address, telephone number, email number and specific areas of interest so that we can send you a regular newsletter and details about special events.
- Data you give us as part of your job or work experience application
- We keep all applicant details in a secure HR drive and only the HR manager and the recruiting manager have access to view the CV’s
- All applicant data is stored for 6 months after the close of the recruitment process and then deleted
- Data you give us as part of a sponsorship scheme
- Contact details are collected and used to administer the scheme
- If you request a support in kind, we will store your details and may use these for statistical analysis and / or for approaching your establishment regarding potential partnership opportunities
We won’t use your information for any purposes except those above without letting you know and getting your permission first.
We may use profiling using your personal data, along with other publicly available information, to ensure that our communications to you are relevant and timely, and to provide an improved experience for you as a customer.
Who do we share your information with?
We don’t sell your information to anyone. We share the information that is provided to us only:
- with third party service providers, such as communications provider (Mailchimp) and email service provider (Google), who provide services to us so that we are able to fulfil our obligations to you
- if we have a legal obligation to disclose your information (for example, if a court orders us to)
- if we run an event in partnership with another named organisation we will also share information with that partner to enable it to report to funders and inform audience development strategy. We will only share information with reputable and responsible organisations if it’s necessary to do so , ensuring that your data is solely used for their internal purposes.
For how long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements or until you ask us to delete your personal data, in accordance with your rights below. Usually our emails are archived for 7 years before being deleted. Declined applicant data is stored for 6 months only. We will regularly assess the personal data that we hold to determine its relevance and destroy your personal data if we no longer require it or no longer provide any services to you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- find out how we process your personal data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- ask us not to process your personal data for our own marketing purposes;
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data; and
- obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible and in any event within a month.
Further, if you do not wish to receive any marketing information from us, you can unsubscribe from such notifications at any time using the link on any email that we send to you, or at any other time by getting in touch with us using the details set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
At the end of your relationship with us you can ask us to delete your personal data and we will do so as far as we are reasonably able and subject to our legal requirements to retain such data. You can also request that we provide you with written confirmation of the deletion of your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights outlined in this policy or have any questions about the way in which Depot handles your personal data, please contact Human Resources via email [email protected] or address Depot, Pinwell Road, Lewes, BN7 2JS
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit certain websites and allows a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies are used on www.lewesdepot.org and to enable some services to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task and to provide Depot with information to help improve the experience of using our websites.
What cookies do we use?
The list below details the cookies used by Depot.
- Enables collection of anonymised tracking information for Google Analytics Duration: 2 year 3 month
- Checks if the visitor has seen the popup questionnaire link from front page Duration: 1 year
- gadwp_wg_default_dimension, gadwp_wg_default_metric
- Used for Google Analytics tracking and delivered by the WordPress plugin
- Used for Google Analytics tracking and delivered by the WordPress plugin. Held for: 1 year
What about third party cookies?
Our online ticket sales are operated by third party company JackRoe who apply their own cookies. For full details please visit: ttps://www.jack-roe.co.uk/websales/sales/deplew/privacy
How do I restrict or delete cookies? Your web browser should allow you to restrict or delete cookies set by our site. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org which provides general information about cookies and how you can manage cookies on your computer.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Policy became operational on: 18/05/2018
Next review due: 04/08/2019