A three week foundation in screenwriting.
Develop original ideas for screen, from premise, to outline to final draft.
You will learn:
- how to tell a story visually
- how to build characters and understand character journeys
- how to structure a screenplay through scenes, sequences and acts
- how to write effective dialogue for screen
- how genre works in screenplay writing
You will write your own complete short screenplay by the end of the course.
The course uses a wide range of material, including background articles, script extracts, film clips and fun practical exercises.
Julie Everton, the course leader, has taught screenplay writing for over 15 years, in adult education and more recently at Brighton University, where she teaches screenwriting to MA students. She is a professional script editor for feature films, and has been a writer herself for over 25 years, including scripts for stage, BBC Radio, CBBC and for the ITV soap Crossroads!
The course consists of three weekly sessions on Saturdays from 11:00 – 17:00 and starts on May 30. The full course costs £120.