Terms of Admittance
- ‘You’ means everyone who visits Depot and everyone who purchases a ticket.
- ‘Us’ or ‘We’ means Lewes Community Screen.
- These Terms of Admission (‘Terms’) set out the general terms which apply to you and may be amended from time to time.
- Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
3. Age Restrictions
- Children under the age of eight must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Babies under the age of one are not permitted into our film screenings, except to special Parent and Baby screenings. Babies may also be brought to relaxed screenings, though in this case crying babies should be taken out of the auditorium to settle. Tickets for babies are free but must be purchased for everyone else.
- We reserve the right to require you to prove your age with appropriate photographic ID if you are attending a 12A, 15 or 18 film screening or purchasing alcohol. If you are unable to prove your age you will be not be able to watch the film or buy an alcoholic drink. We reserve the right to ask for such proof at any time you are on our premises.
- If you buy a ticket before we know its classification and you are not old enough to be admitted to the screening we will issue you with a full refund.
- Entry to films and events is restricted by the classification given by the British Board of Film Classification or others. We are required to refuse admission to anyone who is below the minimum age required by the relevant classification:
- Anyone can be admitted to films classified as U or PG. It is recommended that only those aged 8 or over should attend a PG classified film.
- Children under 12 can be admitted to films classified as 12A but only if accompanied by an adult (i.e. someone over the age of 18).
- Nobody under the age of 15 can be admitted to films classified as 15.
- Nobody under the age of 18 can be admitted to films classified as 18.
- You must adhere with any health and safety procedures or instructions that are in place and notified to you by our staff or by notices.
- Children must be supervised at all times on Depot premises. Children should not be permitted to climb on walls or railings.
- Dogs are not permitted inside Depot (assistance dogs excepted). Dogs must be exercised off the premises, and kept on a lead at all times whilst in the gardens and terraces.
- We aim to start our programme at the advertised time so please be prompt. We usually screen a short sequence of trailers ahead of the feature but we do not show on screen advertising. To avoid disturbing other customers, if you arrive after the film has started you may be refused admission to the performance. Refunds will not be issued by us in these circumstances.
- Mobile phones must be switched off or in silent mode in the auditorium. You must not use phones inside the auditorium during the screening.
- It is a serious criminal offence to copy or attempt to copy any film or other copyright material exhibited in any part of the cinema, punishable on conviction with an unlimited fine and imprisonment of up to a maximum of ten years. You are not permitted to bring cameras and/or recording equipment of any kind into the auditorium.
- We endeavour to show films in accordance with the programme that we advertise. However, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to comply with the advertised programme and in such cases our liability to you is limited to a full refund of the tickets purchased. This includes a change of auditorium when deemed necessary for business, technical or any other reason. We cannot take responsibility for programme information advertised by third parties.
- Refunds for cinema tickets are not normally given. However, an exchange may be given for cinema tickets (minus any booking fees paid) up to 24 hours before the show time, at the discretion of the Duty Manager. Tickets will not normally be refunded if less than 24 hours’ notice is given, unless it is likely that we will be able to resell the ticket (at the discretion of the Duty Manager). Refunds will not normally be given for courses, except at the discretion of the Education Manager. Refunds will not normally be given for special events, except at the discretion of the Events Manager.
- We do not accept requests for refunds by email. Applications for refunds should be made by telephone to 01273 525354 or in person in the cinema.
- We reserve the right to ask for proof of status for concessionary tickets at any time that you are on our premises.
- The free tickets issued to Members as part of the Membership scheme can only be used for films and not for premium-priced events (unless otherwise notified). The membership discount applies only to cinema tickets and not to food or drink.
- You must not purchase tickets except for personal use and you represent and warrant that tickets are not purchased as part of any form of a for-profit business or commercial activity unless we have expressly authorised otherwise in writing.
- We accept no responsibility for any personal property that is brought onto Depot premises. Lost property will be held for 21 days and then disposed of.
5. Food And Drink
- Please do not bring your own food and drink into Depot. Only food and drink purchased at Depot may be consumed within the premises and on the terrace (walled garden excepted). Baby food excepted. Tap water is provided free of charge. The walled garden may be used for picnicking but please take any rubbish home with you.
- Drinks may be taken into the auditorium (hot drinks must be lidded). When ordering hot drinks, please specify to the server that you are seeing a film, so that we can provide your drink in a lidded container.
- Only ‘concessions’ (ie packaged sweets, snacks, nuts and ice cream pots sold at our box office and/or bar) may be taken into the auditorium. Plated foods, such as cakes and sandwiches, and olives are not permitted in the auditorium.
- No alcoholic drinks purchased elsewhere may be brought onto Depot premises.
- You must observe the licensing regulations concerning the sale and consumption of alcoholic drinks.
- You must not smoke or use an E-cigarette anywhere within the perimeter of the premises, including the gardens and terrace. The designated smoking area is just outside the southern perimeter gate (disabled entrance).
6. Refusal Of Admission
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or require you to leave the premises without a refund if you:
- behave in an anti-social or threatening manner; or
- put the safety of our customers, our employees or our property at risk; or
- bring a camera or recording equipment of any kind into the cinema; or
- otherwise breach these Terms.
7. Online Purchases
- Tickets for films and events at Depot are sold by us at the prices displayed for the relevant performance and the amount payable for them will be debited immediately from your credit or debit card. By requesting tickets through the Website you are placing a booking request for them on these Terms which is only accepted and binding on us once we have debited your card.
- A confirmation booking reference will be displayed on your screen and emailed to you.
- The email confirmation of your booking will set out the details of the cinema tickets purchased and the total amounts paid for your tickets and other items. If there are any mistakes with your booking, please notify the Box Office by telephone or email straight away.
- In the case of tickets being offered for sale at the wrong price online (i.e. at a higher or lower price than is applicable at the Box Office) we reserve the right to insist that the tickets are refunded and the correct prices charged.
- You can collect your tickets from our Box Office any time (during Box Office opening hours) from when the booking is made until the start of the performance. You will need to bring either the card you paid with or a note of the booking reference to collect your tickets. If you are able to show the confirmation email with seat numbers on your mobile phone, you do not need to collect paper tickets.
- Concessionary and children’s tickets are offered for sale on the Website. You must bring proof of status or age with you to collect the tickets and to gain admission to the performance.
- Payments made on the Website are encrypted for security. However, you acknowledge that the Internet is not entirely secure and whilst we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any card information you impart, we shall not be liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
- Members must enter their details at the time of purchasing to claim any discount. It is not possible to amend the booking once it has been completed.
- Transactions will appear on your card/bank statement as a payment to ‘Jack Roe cinema sales Ross-on-Wye’.
8. Online and Telephone Booking Fees
- A Booking Fee of 60p per transaction will be payable by you when booking by phone. By confirming your booking you are agreeing to pay this Booking Fee in addition to the price you pay to us for your cinema ticket. Booking Fees do not apply to tickets purchased online or at the cinema.
- Once a booking is confirmed the Booking Fee is non-refundable.