Network & leadership: improve and inspired
At the start of 2019 Depot appointed a dedicated Green Ambassador to in recognition that in order to make the necessary changes needed to secure the planet’s future we need to dedicate significant focused resources.
We also know that it will take meaningful partnerships and collaboration. Depot is an active member of a number of local, sector, national and international initiatives to help improve our own practices, deepen relationships and inspire others to take action.
We are an active member of Plastic Free Lewes working to vastly reduce our reliance on single use plastics.
Depot is excited to be working as part of The Living Coast’s (Brighton Lewes Downs Biosphere Region) newly funded BioCultural Heritage Tourism Project (BCHT).
We are a members of Green Growth Platform, University of Brighton’s award-winning green business-innovation network on a mission to help create robust, future-proof businesses that minimise their impact on the planet.
Depot are committed to offering presentations, guides and consultations within the cinema industry in order to promote sustainability in the sector. We can offer guidance on how to invest at infrastructure level as well as operational insights & models to enable your business to be greener.
- International Confederation of Art Cinemas (CICAE), Venice 2017, 2018
- This Way Up, Liverpool 2018
- Vlaams Audiovisueel Fonds (VAF), Brussels 2018
- London Film Festival, London Film Hub, 2018
- UKCA, London annual conference 2019
- Webinar, Sweden 2019
- Plastic Free Lewes, Trashed screening and Pledge launch 2019
- Depot Green Day, 2019
- Green Filmmaking & Cinema, Film London (as part of Climate Action Week), July 2019
- New Cinema conference, EYE Amsterdam 2019
- ICO Screening Days at Depot, July 2019
‘We were particularly drawn to hosting the day in partnership with Depot because of your sustainability leadership’
Fiona Fletcher, BFI Doc Society